about 1 month ago
We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions.
Think big, create better
Are you a Chartered Landscape Architect passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects in the rail and highways industries such as Wales and Borders, HS2 and the A66?
Our Environment and Sustainability team provides strategic environmental consultancy services across transport, utilities, defence and local government infrastructure. The team has a diverse range of skilled people with expertise in ecology, noise, air quality, landscape, arboricultural services, archaeology, carbon modelling, EIA coordination, EMS and auditing, and GIS specialists, servicing the environmental consulting needs within the wider Amey group.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Chartered Senior Landscape Architect. The successful candidate will help build our capacity in Landscape Visual Impact Assessment and work on a variety of major large-scale highways schemes including Transport Scotland's A96 dualling project, as well as a number of Highways England and Transport Scotland schemes.
Being an experienced Senior Landscape Architect at Amey Consulting, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
In a typical week you will:
* Lead liaison with clients and stakeholders on technical matters
* Advise on landscape aspects of projects including but not limited to EIAs, LVIAs, VIAs
* Ensure compliance with Health and Safety, Environmental and other appropriate legislation
* Effective management and response of project related correspondence
* Keep up to date with industry best practice and where, appropriate, coach junior landscape staff
We want to hear from you if you have:
* Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute
* Thorough report writing skills, previous experience of writing Landscape Visual Impact Assessments in accordance with standard industry methodologies (GLVIA, DMRB) in support of EIAs, or other environmental requirements, design statements and Landscape Management Plans
* Experience working on linear infrastructure and/or highways/rail projects is essential
* Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment; demonstrable experience of working in a collaborative or joint venture environment is highly desirable
* Sound knowledge of environmental legislation
* Enthusiastic, energetic and dynamic approach to people and projects
* Proven track record to demonstrate skills and qualifications
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
* Competitive salary
* Exceptional development and progression plan
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
* Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.