9 months ago
What is the purpose of this role?
The role will be to take a lead on a variety of projects at all scales and varying complexity as part of our Environment and Sustainability team. We are looking to grow our capability in a number of areas and this is a key opportunity to help build that capacity in our landscape planning and design team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects including rail, utilities, major road and on the delivery of city centre public realm schemes.
What will this role involve?
* Lead and manage LVIA projects at all stages from inception and scoping to detailed assessment and reporting and providing post application support for small to major projects.
* Lead and manage landscape mitigation planting designs, public realm schemes and landscape improvement schemes.
* Lead Landscape Architect through the consultation process, leading stakeholder consultations and acting as client representative during consultation events.
* Advise on landscape aspects of projects including but not limited to SEAs, EIAs, LVIAs, landscape designs, landscape management plans, etc.
* Provide inputs to good practice guidance for the Amey landscape team to meet technical and project requirements.
* Keep up to date with industry good practice and, where appropriate, coach junior environmental/ landscape staff.
* Ensure compliance with Health and Safety, Environmental and other appropriate legislation.
* Contribute with other professions to Business Development and in providing inputs to PQQs and Tenders.
* Ensure compliance with Amey Integrated Management System and assist in its development.
What are we looking for?
* Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute.
* Thorough report writing skills with fluency in English, previous experience as lead author of LVIA reports and ES chapters in accordance with standard industry methodologies (GLVIA3, DMRB) in support of EIAs, SEAs, Design Statements, Landscape Management Plans and other environmental/planning requirements.
* Specialist experience of working on linear infrastructure, particularly major highway projects.
* Design flair.
* Experience of AutoCAD and Adobe packages.
* Experience of Keyscape/Keysoft Solutions desirable.
* Strong project management and co-ordination skills.
* Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment; demonstrable experience of working in a collaborative or joint venture environment is highly desirable.
* Able problem solving and technical realisation skills.
* Sound knowledge of environmental legislation.
* Clean driving Licence.
* Thorough Plant knowledge
* Experience in producing BOQ’s, Specification and other tender information
* Enthusiastic, energetic and dynamic approach to people and projects.
* Proven track record to demonstrate skills and qualifications.
* Forward thinking and interested in developing smart ways of working with teams to realise client and operational objectives.
* Motivated and engaged.
* Commercially aware.
* Well organised.