about 1 month ago
Building the present, creating the future
HS2 is the UK’s new high-speed rail network, and EKFB is a joint venture that brings together international, market leading expertise from four leading civil engineering and construction companies: Eiffage | Kier | Ferrovial Construction | BAM Nuttall.
The scope of works is to construct a new high-speed rail link of 80km section which includes 15 viaducts, 6.9kn of green tunnels, 22km of road diversions, 81 bridges and approximately 30 million cubic metres of excavation.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Laboratory Technician to join our laboratory team on the HS2 project around the Oxfordshire / Buckinghamshire area. The role requires a candidate with extensive experience in materials related testing ranging from Concrete, Soils, Aggregates and Asphalt.
Your key activities will include:
* Set a personal example in safety matters.
* Assist with day to day running of mobile site testing / laboratory testing including organising workload, on site sampling and testing.
* Liaise with laboratory manager to ensure the provision of testing capabilities.
* Communicate regularly and effectively with internal / external site engineering staff on priorities and testing requirements as and when required
* Produce test reports / certificates to client.
* Deliver training/proficiency checks to / for laboratory personnel.
* Ensure that site sampling and laboratory testing is carried out to high standards of safety, quality and efficiency.
* Ensure that adequate and proper records are kept and filed correctly to satisfy the requirements of the laboratory management system and UKAS requirements.
* Ensure that sampling and testing is carried out to the appropriate British / European Standards.
* Ensure test equipment is checked, cleaned and maintained to an acceptable level.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications and experience should incude:
* Educated to Level 3 NVQ standard or similar experience.
* SMSTS or SSSTS an advantage.
* CSCS card.
* Driving Licence.
* Soils sampling and site / laboratory testing in accordance with BS 1377; minimum proficiency including use of Nuclear Density Gauge, In-situ Plate Load Apparatus, In-situ Sand Replacement Density, earthworks and laboratory shear strength triaxial testing Laboratory.
* Materials / Aggregate sampling / laboratory testing in accordance with all relevant standards.
* Concrete / Spray Concrete sampling/testing in accordance with all relevant standards
* Experience of a day to day supervisory role within permanent / site laboratory.
* Ability to cope with completion deadlines and contractual testing requirements.
* Organisation of staff and resources within a high pressure environment in order to cope with all volumes of testing specified.
* Ability to communicate daily duties to all staff members and ensuring all tests and site activities were completed within the contractual timescales.
* Knowledge of ISO 17025.
You will need to flexible as there maybe a requirement to support the wider materials team within the business.
What’s in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including company car / allowance; pension; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group’s ten operating companies. One of Europe’s largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.