4 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join us and work within our Sky Q TV applications team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning London, UK campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
– Developing high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices.
– Contributing to the technical direction of the team.
– Working closely with design and product teams to build intuitive and creative user experiences.
– Help the team choose the best solutions and technologies for the task in hand.
– Participating in the full software life-cycle, including support and continuous integration.
– Assisting analysts and business partners in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements.
– Participating in regular showcases of new work to product owners and business partners.
– Striving for continuous improvement within the team.
– Knowledge and experience using Git, Node.js, npm
– Experience developing for platforms where code optimisation is meaningful, e.g. TVs, mobile phones or embedded devices.
– Experience with testing frameworks, both from a unit and automation perspective.
– Well versed in software engineering principles, frameworks and technologies.
– High attention to detail, being ‘pixel perfect’ in translating wireframes and designs into working interactive experiences.
– Experience using MVC design pattern, Jira, Confluence, Grunt, GitLab, Photoshop, Flash/ActionScript, HTML, CSS, React.
– Graphics-intensive (e.g. games) applications.
– TDD approach to writing software (Cucumber, Jasmin, NodeUnit).
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about