4 months ago
Senior Java Developer - Storage Engineering
Vice President/Executive Director
Deployment and Runtime
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
As part of the Deployment and Runtime pillar in the Platform unit, Storage Engineering are responsible for building the firm's storage systems, covering block, object, network filesystems, and data protection. We solve large and complex problems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* Build beautiful software to manage our wide range of storage products.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Java 8, including profiling, instrumentation, testability, and associated design patterns.
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills.
* Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals.
* Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
* Teamwork – Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
* Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
* Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives.
* Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
* Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.