3 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Java Developer in Sky Technology. The finance platform bills over 10 million customers every month and this is an opportunity to work on high performance and volume solutions that require to be engineered to be of the highest quality.
This role will develop solutions to support Sky billing & payments as well as affordability and fraud management processes; protecting our customers’ data is key.
If you are an excellent communicator and have experience of software development and design of Java/J2EE, and SQL we would like to hear from you. We are happy to discuss flexible working.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
– Working closely with the Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Functional and Non-Functional Testers and Support team members to ensure that the solutions we build are implemented to the highest standards.
– Analysing software problems and recommending solutions with minimal assistance.
– Designing and implementing changes to existing software and ensuring that these support both new and established capabilities/ functionality.
– Identifying unit and service test scenarios and verifying the software component(s) work as specified by business stakeholders.
– Working as part of a team to implement project components that provide business solutions; leading & coaching other team members on occasion.
– Contributing to the continuous improvement of how we work by being a positive and engaged member of the team.
– Development experience using REST, Java, J2EE and the Spring Framework.
– Demonstrable knowledge in developing SQL and PL/SQL (Oracle)
– Experience of test-driven development and associated technologies (e.g. JUnit)
– Familiar with service based development and the associated technologies (application server and web server), including producing / working against services specifications.
– Familiar with software development methods and frameworks, with an interest in Agile techniques and methods.
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide written & verbal updates tailored to your audience.
– Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.
– The ability to build and maintain internal/external stakeholder relationships to ensure quality and required standards are met and maintained.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about
about 1 year ago
only 12 days until close
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close