7 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
CIS is part of the Sky Technology directorate and is responsible for the development and operation of systems to support our customer management systems and customer facing online properties. Plus the development and operation of corporate infrastructure, systems and internal facing online content and services. CIS is divided into a number of units, namely: Programmes & Planning (includes CIS Business Operations), Content & Commerce, Customer Business Systems, Platform Technology and Operational Engineering.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
Sky’s UK IT South Group (UKISS) owns and manages Sky’s IP network backbone and associated information systems infrastructure. UKISS systems act as a service layer for all broadband and telephony provisioning, diagnostics and fault management for Sky.
- Able to grasp and challenge business requirements and undertake root cause of problems
- Technical appreciation of modularising component code, and possible issues for implementation
- Understands inter-application testing patterns
- Reduces coupling between applications
- Seeks to reduce technical debt through refactoring
- Good knowledge of language, tools and test-driven development
- Pair programming as standard
- Adhere to Deployment and Release protocols
- Over 2 years development experience including: -
- Good knowledge and experience of Java, Test Driven Development, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL
- Commercial experience working in a team producing software applications in the technologies.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today.
Happy to talk flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better