6 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
The Network Services Support (NSS) team operate as the final escalation point within the Sky Tech UK - Network Operations Centre (NOC) for IP related matters. While the NOC focus is on the monitoring and maintenance of the existing core, corporate and broadband and telephony network, it also plays a big part in the expansion and delivery of new services by delivering to Sky strategic services including Sky Broadband, Hosting, Voice over IP, VPNs, CDN and more. The NSS team is a small team of highly skilled IP engineers who are made up of subject matter experts in each area, but have enough general network knowledge to be able to confidently work on any services at any time.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too
As a member of the Network Services Support team, within the Network Operations department, you will be a multi-skilled network engineer, capable of understanding and fixing complex network solutions in a timely manner.
- Become a service and associated technology Operational Specialist in one or more related areas.
- Provide technical consultancy to the business and project teams always considering Ops requirements - reviewing solutions and documentation as required
- Handles service requests, prepares, validates and implements major changes as required
- Agrees KPI’s / SLA’s with internal customers and suppliers; running regular service reviews
- Investigate, resolve and track problems, always considering the impact of issues to the business.
- Perform detailed root cause analysis of Incidents in order to prevent future recurrences.
- Assist with the handling of major incidents and identifying root causes.
- Investigates issues escalated by Tier II
- Provide on-call support out of hours
- Contribute ideas to achieve a low-touch network management objective.
- Background in telecommunications, preferably in Operations.
- Solid IP routing, switching and MPLS network experience
- Good network troubleshooting skills
- Superb communications ability, both written and verbal.
- Project driven
- Attention to detail
- Aware of automation technologies
- Application aware
- Network Assurance tools, techniques
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better