6 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for talented embedded software engineers to help build mbed OS, the IoT platform operating system that will be used in billions of IoT devices. We have multiple roles open for engineers with different levels of experience from architect to engineer. This is a rare opportunity to have a major impact in the emerging IoT space.
What you'll do
You will be part of the team building mbed OS, developing the core operating system, device drivers, connectivity stacks and security infrastructure. You will work in a predominantly open source environment collaborating with the team, the commercial partners and the wider mbed OS community. You will use your experience and insights to craft our technology and the way we work.
You have a passion for technology and an interest in the Internet of Things. You are a team player with strong interpersonal skills. You develop solutions that are as simple as possible, but no simpler. You take nothing for granted and nothing is someone else’s problem. You choose the right tool for the job. You design APIs that others find intuitive to use. You write code that others can understand. You set high standards and can deliver on time.
* You will have significant experience with embedded software development.
* You will have exceptional C and C++ development skills.
* Your knowledge of operating system concepts will be highly beneficial.
* Your Experience with continuous integration will be very useful.
* Experience with version control, preferably git.
* You will ideally have experience with Agile development.
* Experience working on a large open source project.
* Experience with network stacks such as BLE, WiFi, Thread…
* Experience with bootloaders.
* Knowledge of scripting languages, preferably Python.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps