10 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Within the Partner Projects team, we are seeking a talented, self-motivated and independent embedded software engineer to join us to develop and support partner-specific projects based on Arm’s end to end solutions for the IoT that ship in the billions
This role falls under the Application Engineering group, you will be the core engineering focal point for the group itself as well as partners. Developing and working in collaboration with other skilled software, hardware, web applications and infrastructure, applications, technical marketing and ecosystem engineers to build partner and customer specific projects powering the next wave of connected devices. We are collaborating with an expanding number of key technology partners and are in a great position to help the IoT industry flourish.
We are structured as a small start-up business unit inside Arm and you will join a fast growing international and dynamic team of hardworking, professional engineers who all share a vision and passion for building a foundation for this emerging industry.
Supporting our developers and partners to help them use our technology to be successful as well as engineering development work. Day to day duties will include:
* Supporting our group, developer community and partners with projects and technical issues, focussing on key strategic projects, bringing new features and technology to Arm IoT solutions
* Identify and fix bugs, both proactively and reactively, supporting technical evaluation and demo processes.
* Provide project related education and integration overview as well as direct involvement in core product development and modifications.
* On-Site for Integration/Bring-Up/Assistance with complex technical issues, working with Arm’s partners in integrating Arm’s solutions into their systems.
* Generally, do everything in your power to make sure our group, partners and developers get results!
* Good degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a relevant subject
* Excellent in-depth knowledge of writing embedded C and C++ code for modern microcontrollers with knowledge of microcontrollers power mode management, startup and bootloaders.
* Creative, dynamic, open minded thinker with energy and desire to deliver high-quality solutions quickly.
* Preference for strong proven customer orientation and interaction whilst enjoying implementing and supporting designs as part of a team.
* Methodical approach to troubleshooting and holding strong problem solving skills.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills along with Multitasking professional capabilities
* Willingness and the ability to travel multiple times a year
Proficiency in the following areas will be advantageous:
* Delivering software or firmware updates over the air
* Networking technologies and developing network-centric applications
* Develop, test and release workflows for high-volume OEM products
* Writing easy-to-use and maintain software, with well-partitioned architecture and clean APIs, that can be understood, reused and relied upon by 100,000s of developers
In your covering letter, please take the time expand on the experience and skills you have in relation to the skills and experience we are looking for in this position. This also helps show us you have taken the time to read and understand the job opportunity, and have decided to apply on that basis.
Please also feel free to share links to any public code or projects you may have created.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road