10 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood have identified a requirement for the provision of Senior Instrumentation Design services to be provided to a project based in Teesside for a period of 11 months.
* Execute design and draughting activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
* Prepare instrument drawings and designs to the required technical quality with minimum input from engineering personnel
* Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
* Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems
* Carry out work in accordance with company and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
* Maintain the required technical quality of work
* Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with Change Control Process
* Carry out designs in line with relevant procedures, standards and regulations
* Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
* Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline
* Maintain good communication with the Client and visit Assets when necessary
Skills / Qualifications
* ONC or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
* Sound knowledge of manual and CAD draughting techniques
* Aware of and able to use codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation as applicable to draughting function
* Aware of and able to use company and client draughting standards and specifications
* Aware of company quality control assurance requirements applicable to draughting function
* Able to create base design drawings / models from agreed workscope with minimal guidance
* Computer literate (database / spreadsheets)
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.