about 1 year ago
Senior Instrument Designer
Requisition ID :2020-70909
Work Location :GB-Surrey-Woking
Department / Discipline : Instrumentation Engineering
Position Type : Contractor / Agency
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an opportunity for a Senior Instrumentation Designer on a contract basis. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of control systems and instrumentation scope on projects. Work shall be carried out in accordance with relevant standards and procedures under a quality management system within manhour and cost budgets and within project schedules. The role will be for 6 months based in Woking.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated designer, able to work unsupervised and as part of a discipline and overall project team and have previous experience executing control and instrumentation project work in the oil and gas industry.
* Provide technical skills and experience in the approach, preparation, checking and fulfilment of calculations, drawings, diagrams and other deliverables and activities, and to recognise and advise personal competency and development needs
* Provide discipline technical and engineering services to a standard and proficiency commensurate with WOOD’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance (HSEQ) System
* Execution of proposal and project work in a Senior Designer capacity.
* Execute proposal and project work in accordance with the Project Execution Plan (PEP), Project Co-ordination Procedure (PCP), Project Instructions (PI) and Discipline Design Instructions (DDIs)
* Have an understanding of the extent, methods and means of producing and need for Discipline Design deliverables and main activities, as well as the budgets required to produce these and to seek to achieve or better these metrics
* Produce calculations, written documents and drawings as required to support proposals, projects and other special needs and that each is in compliance with the relevant codes, standards and procedures
* Ensure such documents are properly and consistently drafted, checked and approved.
* Check designs and code calculations undertaken by others
* Participate in site visits, surveys and queries, including assessment of safety, investigations and documentation when at site
* Represent WOOD in a professional, conscientious and ethical manner with clients, suppliers, vendors, contractors and at other offices.
* Strong computer skills include MS Office suite and particularly the use of database and spreadsheet applications
Skills / Qualifications
* Previous experience in control and instrumentation design
* Use of AutoCAD packages
* 3D PDMS modelling capability
* Experience using SmartPlant Instrumentation and SmartPlant Review.
* Technical engineering qualification/ HNC degree
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws