7 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Independant Safety Assessor to join Clean Energy’s Structural Performance Team, based at our Birchwood Park office near Warrington in Cheshire, comprises a broad range of multi-disciplined technical experts spanning metallurgy, materials science, corrosion science, structural integrity analysis, structural and mechanical engineering and advanced manufacturing processes.
Currently, there is an opportunity for a Senior Structural Integrity Engineer to join our Team, providing an engaging role in this vital national defence programme.
This role provides a diverse and exciting range of opportunities to support the UK submarine programme in relation to structural integrity and associated to emergent issues in-service, during manufacturing, plant-life extension and through next generation concept design, to ensure a continuous sea deterrent.
* Provide safety, engineering and technical advice to the Ministry of Defence on aspects of nuclear propulsion and design.
* Perform a review of nuclear safety cases for major plant items in line with regulatory requirements.
* Active involvement in appropriate safety review groups and meetings.
* Interface with key stakeholders, internal and external.
Skills / Qualifications
We are seeking out applicants who can apply theoretical concepts, together with practical skills and knowledge, to challenging and technically complex problems that impact on the safety and performance of nuclear components.
* Professional Institution accredited Degree or Post Graduate qualification in an engineering or scientific discipline.
* Structural integrity experience and familiarity nuclear reactor plant would be a strong advantage.
* Sound technical / engineering / science background with an ability to assimilate structural integrity safety arguments.
* Developed communication skills both written an oral.
* A willingness to work on defence related tasks and be able to gain appropriate security clearance.
* It is essential that the post holder is, or can be, Security Cleared.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.