about 1 month ago
Position: Senior Hydraulic Modeller/ Flood Modelling Engineer
Based: Bristol or Manchester or London
Type: 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
RPS is looking for an experienced hydraulic modeller to join our Hydrology Team. We have flexibility on location and can base you out of either our Bristol, London or Manchester office. You will lead on the delivery of hydraulic modelling for a broad range of clients including local authority, water companies and developers. The role will give you exposure to a wide range of projects across the UK including flood risk (fluvial, tidal and surface water), water quality, low flow and drought. You'll be working with a team of highly experienced, professional hydrology related consultants and engineers and have access to innovative technologies integrating AI and statistical processes.
- Appropriately design, build and run 1D-2D hydraulic models for range of scenarios and purposes, including: fluvial, surface water and tidal flood risk; low flows; river restoration design.
- Present modelling results through producing quality mapping and reporting
- Interpret model results to advise wider project team on the nature of flood risk and propose appropriate potential mitigation measures / development design.
- Undertake consultations with Local Planning Authorities (LPA), Lead Local Flood Authorities (LLFA) and other Stakeholders including Environment Agency
- Undertake site walkovers and other technical and departmental duties associated with the role
- Provide support in completing Flood Risk Assessments and ES Chapters and WFD assessments
- Support in bid preparation and fee proposals
- Research and business development of potential new clients
- Attendance at client and regulatory meetings
- Keep up to date with flood modelling trends, customer awareness and design techniques
- MEng (Hons) Civil Engineering or BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering + MSc
- Chartered Engineer with ICE or MCIWEM
- Be highly proficient in the use of modelling and GIS software including Flood Modeller Pro, Tuflow and MapInfo. Experience with other software (e.g. Mike DHI, InfoWorks ICM, ArcGIS, QGIS) is desirable
- Excellent client relationship skills
- The ability to contribute to the growth of the business
- Background working within consultancy or the water industry
What we offer you:
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays (pro rata), Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,200 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
To apply, simply send a CV and covering letter via the Apply button above