3 months ago
We’re looking for a Senior Highways Engineer to support the engineering design team based in our Peterborough design office. Reporting to a Principal Engineer you will be working as part of a small team of Engineers, Assistant Engineers and Technicians.
You will play an important role in the delivery of a wide variety of highway schemes from the design of major road schemes through to junction improvements, cycleway and traffic calming schemes. This role also offers a challenging and unusual opportunity to work as part of an integrated design and operational (construction) team.
* Oversee and manage highway designs prepared by engineers and technicians
* Prepare, check and review engineering output including technical reports
* Provide technical leadership to the teams
* Mentor less experienced staff
We're looking for:
* Minimum 10 years’ experience from a highways infrastructure engineering environment.
* Excellent knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges/Specification for Highway Works relating to the design and maintenance of local authority highway and transport schemes.
* Evidence of managing design teams to achieve client time, cost and quality expectations.
* Skills using software such as AutoCAD Civils 3D/Bentley MX Roads and WinDES Microdrainage
* A relevant degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
Our infrastructure team brings its design, build and refurbishment expertise to complex projects across the country. We form strong partnerships with clients and communities to deliver major infrastructure improvements like Crossrail, HS2 and the M25 widening.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build success.
* Location: Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
* Schedule: Full-time
* Employee Status: Regular
* About Skanska: We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic, we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Make your next career move with us.