about 1 year ago
Senior Highways Engineer
Main Purpose of the Job
An experienced Senior Highways Engineer will be working on exciting large scale Highway projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
· Project management of Highways and Infrastructure jobs.
· Utilisation of local staff, Pell Frischmann Contractor staff in other offices, and sub consultants
· Manage design and disciplines for projects.
· Collate project information and liaise with the client as required
· Supervise site based projects as required.
· Supervise and delegate to subordinates and others as required.
· Provide technical input into major / minor highway and infrastructure schemes.
· Coordinate and Liaise with other PF offices including Birmingham, MK, Wakefield
· Maintain a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods.
· Comply with all Company Procedures and Work Instructions
· Execute site-based or head office functions, liaising with the clients and other contractor’s staff to collect project specific information as required by the Project Manager.
· Check/approve own and other staff work, including third party design proposals, as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects.
· Carry out other duties identified in the Project Management Plan or as required by the Project Manager on assigned projects.
· Supervise technical work of other staff as required.
· Assist in monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of own discipline team members.
• Degree in a relevant Engineer discipline
• Ideally MSc or Meng
· A minimum of 5 years of highways design
· Understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of civil engineering works
· Ideally have previous experience of an engineering organisation
· Ideally have knowledge and experience of administering NEC contracts, preparing works information and supervising works on site
· Industry standard computer aided tools i.e AutoCAD, Civil 3D
· Micro drainage
· Excellent Communication skills; Verbal & Written
· Good Report Writing skills
· Good presentation and communication skills
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE