10 months ago
Connecting countries, cities and communities, our Transportation team works on some of the most challenging projects of our time. Helping people to travel faster and more efficiently, we transform rail and highway infrastructure. So, get on board and play a big part in our success.
We’ll value you for going that extra mile to exceed expectations and deliver innovative solutions nobody else can. After all, we can’t achieve great things without you. So, you can look forward to fantastic rewards and development opportunities.
Our Transportation Division is currently seeking Engineers / Senior Engineers in our Warrington office, to support the delivery of a wide variety of multi-disciplinary highway projects both locally and across the UK. Using your excellent people, technical and delivery skills, you will deliver a variety of highways schemes including new build, renewal, and maintenance works.
You will be part of one of the largest transportation consultancies in the UK, and a leading supplier of engineering services to government, regulatory and local authorities, infrastructure owners and operators. Major clients include Highways England, Local Authorities, design and build contractors and other niche clients. You will also have the opportunity to work on overseas projects and with our internationally based design teams.
You will have a background in civil engineering design and delivery of a range of multi-disciplinary projects within a highways environment. You will be familiar with working in large, geographically dispersed multidisciplinary design teams on projects at varying stages of development from feasibility through to detailed design and construction.
• Leading technical delivery of civil engineering projects / civil engineering input into multi-disciplinary projects.
• Deriving potential solutions by using your excellent analytical skills to solve engineering problems and applying engineering judgement to appraise and recommend options.
• Overseeing completion of designs and the production of and review design documentation including sketches, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications.
• Staying abreast of industry developments and changes in standards.
• Developing more junior staff by technical training and mentoring.
• Maintaining and developing excellent professional relationships with Clients, which can secure repeat business.
• Presenting to clients and key stakeholders in a professional, responsive and client focused manner.
• Assisting with / preparing fee offers for agreement with the client.
• Assigning work to and checking / reviewing the project team’s work.
• Working collaboratively across the Atkins Group.
• BEng / MEng or MSc degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
• Incorporated or Chartered status and corporate membership of the ICE or CIHT, or able to demonstrate that this will be achieved in an agreed and appropriate timescale.
• Experience of working with our key clients, e.g. Local Authorities, Highways England, Developers and/or major Contractors.
• Understanding of the DMRB and BIM and their use in design.
• Ability to develop and agree scopes and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality of deliverable, delivering within set time frame.
• Commercial awareness and an excellent communicator with the desire to take on extra management responsibilities and keep on developing your skills and our team.
• Knowledge of project governance and processes for Highways England and Local Authorities.
• Ability to research information and data independently and ability to find solutions to complex problems.
• Sound interpersonal skills and ability to converse with a wide range of Clients and colleagues across several engineering disciplines.
• Excellent spoken and written English.
• Ability to contribute to bids and tenders.
• Awareness of business models adopted in the sector and commercial and technical risks.
• Experience of client engagement and business development activities.
• Positive and practical with experience of managing resources, mentoring engineers and inspiring multidisciplinary teams to exceed client expectations.
• Knowledge gained from working within a contractor and/or client organisation.
• Ability to contribute to bids and tenders
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Atkins develops individuals through a tailored portfolio of training and development courses designed to help successful candidates make the best of their abilities and talents.