about 1 year ago
Senior Highways Drainage Engineer - (BI 0004CH)
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 77,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years.
We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include Highways England, Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally.
We are seeking a Senior Highways Drainage Engineer to join our established highway team in Warrington. We are looking to recruit a confident candidate with extensive experience in drainage and highway design. The candidate would be expected to use MicroDrainage proficiently and have an understanding of DMRB and various local highway authorities’ standards.
You will become a senior member of the highways drainage team, taking a technical supporting role in delivering highways drainage design services throughout all stages of highway project development.
• You will be responsible for leading teams of engineers, graduates and technicians working on a variety of highways drainage projects from concept through to detailed design.
• Directing the technical aspects of the projects and resolving technical issues as they occur.
• Producing scheme reports and supporting information.
• Liaison with Statutory Undertakers.
• Monitoring and reporting of progress.
• Meeting and liaising with clients, stakeholders and other disciplines.
• Checking drawings and reports produced by engineers, graduates and technicians.
• Working in other offices or on site may be necessary from time to time dependent on projects.
• A relevant technical degree.
• IEng/CEng and MICE status or equivalent.
• Proven design experience of most aspects of highways drainage schemes.
• Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of DMRB, MCHW and local authorities’ drainage standards.
• Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
• An understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of Civil Engineering works, including experience of producing Designers Risk Assessments.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience using MicroDrainage modelling software and AutoCAD.
• Able to prepare well-presented and accurate reports and technical notes.
• Experience of Specifications and Bills of Quantities.
• An understanding of BIM.
• Proficient in other highways design packages, such as Autodesk Civil 3D, Bentley MX, OpenRoads, PDS.
• Experience of construction supervision
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
: United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Warrington
: Apr 24, 2019, 11:52:31 AM