5 months ago
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To provide effective support and assistance to the Manager in managing the financial, technical and commercial performance of specific projects led and delivered by the Highways Design team.
What will this role involve?
* Provide engineering design management and project management input to effectively deliver specific projects undertaken by the Team.
* Provide leadership, management and mentoring of junior staff within the Team.
* Assist in monitoring and managing the expenditure and financial commitment against projects and participate effectively in Project Financial Reviews.
* Provide resource planning and resource management to assist in ensuring that the required resources are available for the effective delivery of projects.
* Identify and effectively manage project risks in order to minimise the likelihood and impact of occurrences that could be detrimental to projects, Clients, Stakeholders and the business.
* Build and maintain healthy relationships with internal and external business partners, customers and clients.
* Supervise and actively promote the technical development of other staff within the Team, including providing appropriate technical advice.
* Ensure any technical output for projects is of an acceptable standard, including adherence to Amey’s HSEQ procedures.
* Design of highways schemes using appropriate design guidance including DMRB.
* Preparation of contract documentation for procurement and construction purposes, in accordance with MCDHW and NEC requirements.
* Assist in Administration of construction contracts including execution of NEC Project Manager and Supervisor duties.
* Assist with continuous improvement in the services provided by the team.
What are we looking for?
* Civil Engineering degree or HNC, or other relevant degree qualification of a similar status.
* Preferably a Chartered, or Incorporated Engineer or working towards chartered / incorporated status with the Institution of Civil Engineers
* Project Management of multi-disciplinary projects
* Management of staff and financial resources
* Design and Construction Experience within a local and /or strategic highways and public realm environment.
* Working knowledge of the DMRB and contract document preparation , including MCDHW and NEC3/4.
* Sound commercial awareness
* Working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations and other relevant health and safety legislation
* Knowledge of DDA and Road Safety Audit procedures
* Sound knowledge of regulatory procedures
* Understanding of highway and engineering design software packages e.g Autocad, MX, Micro-Drainage, Arcady, Linsig.
* Understanding; he Traffic Management Act; the Highways Act and associated Highway Regulations.
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that good relationships with all external parties are maintained to enhance the reputation of the company and the delivery of projects to the customer.