4 months ago
Senior Hardware Engineer - Functional Safety
Dyson has opportunities for Functional Safety Engineers to join the Powertrain group within in its Electric Vehicle Engineering Team based at its Hullavington HQ.
Hullavington is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded rural location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independently–minded.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
The Functional Safety Engineer will actively participate in development, quality and reliability activities to ensure automotive safety standards are met.
• Development of DFMEA and FTA at VCU/motor controller level.
• Work as part of a team developing product to ISO26262 level C and D.
• Requirement tracking and ensuring defined processes are followed.
• Generation of documentation and supporting items to satisfy functional safety audit.
• Work closely with hardware and software teams to both provide guidance and ensure safety goals met.
• Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent
• 3 years or more experience working to ISO 26262.
• Experience with use of functional safety tools(e.g. Medini)
• Industry experience of HARA,DFMEA,FTA for embedded hardware/software
• Functional safety experience in EV applications is beneficial but not essential.
• Knowledge and execution of requirement management tools such as DOORS is beneficial but not essential
• Knowledge and execution of software quality and processes such as Automotive SPICE is beneficial but not essential.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic, but most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. We are looking for individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside other leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to develop products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors. Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. However, financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound.