7 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
We’re always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customers experiences they’ll love. And it’s the work of our brilliant in-house Product Development and Technology teams that drive these award winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content to make sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities
The Hardware Engineer supports the lead engineer on a project execution team. You will be responsible for the schematic and PCB design based on the reference platform. You will be responsible for Hardware design and measurement including Core CPU design and layout, video, audio, RF, power, etc; as well as working through all the usual integration challenges. As a Hardware Engineer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to design and develop innovative consumer products.
- Perform schematic design and work with the CAD team on PCB layout.
- Responsible for hardware bring up, test and qualification
- Work with Software teams on device bring-up and development.
- Support the Hardware lead on all design aspects and issues.
- Work with the operations team on manufacturing test development.
- Travel to support engineering builds.
- Proficient with SoC design and digital/analog design.
- Expert at bring-up, debug, validation and optimization of systems.
- Hardware design experience as Electrical Engineer on consumer electronic devices
- Design for Cost and Design for Manufacture experience
- Knowledge and experience of system on chip technologies.
- Experience of modern design tools and systems; including design simulation.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Strong analytical skills including basic statistical analysis.
- Adept with MS office including excel.
- Experience with both Mentor graphics and Altium design CAD systems.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better