about 1 year ago
Calling all Engineers!
‘Acquire the habit of doing everything well’ – one of Joseph Stannah’s Rules of Life, just as important in our business today as it was when our founder wrote it back in the 1800s. Joseph was an exceptional engineer who turned his hand to everything from hoists and cranes to stuffing boxes for locomotives and lifts for cars. That passion for engineering, for finding solutions, has pervaded the company ever since delivering innovations such as our midilifts and stairlifts. We want to expand our team and are now looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer to join our team.
Competitive salary and benefits offered based on skills and experience.
The role is located in Andover, Hampshire
To generate and deliver hardware design solutions serving the new product introduction function within the Engineering department.
* To develop all aspects of electrical/electronic hardware design solutions of new products to corporate and International standards.
* Develop hardware engineering documentation maintaining traceability through to design implementation ensuring stakeholder requirements are met.
* Support the DFMEA process, from System Component level, to analyse and validate adherence to the design requirements
* Produce technical documentation for production, installation and service
* Assess the safety of product designs using Product Safety Hazard Analysis process.
* Coach and mentor colleagues in the fulfilment of their role.
* Responsible for the peer review and sign off of engineering documentation
Knowledge and Experience:
* Comprehensive knowledge of analogue and digital electronics design for motor drive solutions.
* Knowledge of DC electrical wiring systems.
* Understanding of the V-model development process
* Experience in the design and development of electrical / electronic systems, preferably which include microcontrollers, safety critical elements, motor control, comms protocols (RF/infrared/board level), user display and sensor technology.
* Experience of working within a rigorous design framework implementing safety critical solutions to SIL2.
* Experience in the design and test of solutions to the requirements of EMC Directive 2004/108/EC.
* Experience working within a project structure to time critical deadlines.
* Proficient in the use of design tools to realise PCB and wiring loom designs
* Competent in the use of 2D CAD packages for production of technical diagrams.
* Proficient practical skills for the production and test of electrical/electronic prototypes..
* Competent in the use of PC tools; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
* Professional behavior commensurate with representing Stannah at appropriate levels.
* Committed to upholding the Stannah brand values.
* Diligent and detailed approach.
* Self-motivated and demonstrate initiative.
* Committed to continuous improvement.
Holds an HNC/Degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline relevant to electrical/electronic engineering.