8 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This position provides a great opportunity to be involved in the micro-architecture, design and definition of the next generation of display processors in our dynamic hardware design team. You will be taking ownership of complex display hardware blocks; working closely with the architecture and hardware verification team, and tasked with evolving these designs to optimally cater for the next generation feature and performance requirements.
You will be an experienced hardware design engineer with proven ability to deliver high quality, low power, high performance micro-architecture and RTL implementations in challenging timescales.
If the challenge of working on upcoming display technologies (such as VR/AR devices and HDR systems) excites you, and you can meet the requirements of the job description below, we look forward to receiving your application.
This role will be based at ARM’s corporate headquarters in the historic city of Cambridge, home to one of the world’s most renowned and oldest Universities. The city is a key driver of global innovation and regularly features as one of the most desirable places to live in the UK.
Key Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
* Bring together microarchitecture specifications in collaboration with architecture team.
* Analyse feasibility of suggested architecture(s) and algorithm(s).
* Perform RTL design and logic implementation of agreed architecture.
* Specify, design and optimise of agreed architecture and integrate with other subsystems.
* Perform front-end implementation tasks such as synthesis, logic equivalence check, and STA.
* Ability to design, specify, implement and verify complex IP designs.
* Good understanding on timing/area/complexity trade-offs for complex data path design.
* Familiar with common on-chip bus protocols such as AMBA (AXI, AHB, APB).
* Experience in frontend implementation tasks such as synthesis, STA, and logic equivalence.
* Industry exposure to and knowledge of ASIC/FPGA design methodology & IP signoff methods.
* Excellent collaboration skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communications.
* Previous strong experience in media, video, ISP, or display designs is highly desirable.
* Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Tcl, C shell is desirable.
* Hardware-software integration experience is highly desirable.
* Familiarity with UVM is desirable but not required.
* Experience with System Verilog, and assertion based verification is desirable but not required.
* MATLAB/algorithm development is desirable but not required.
About Media Engineering
Media Engineering produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. Our product portfolio includes GPU, ISP, Display and Video IP and our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
In Media Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
At Arm, we are proud to have core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions. Our beliefs define how we work together, and how we evaluate you. Here is a preview for you:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly Be quirky not egocentric. Make trust our default position.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we inspire our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps