5 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Media Processing Group (MPG) in Arm has the mission to be at the forefront of advanced multimedia IP products. The Mali range of Graphics Processors and Video Engines delivers an advanced architecture for hardware acceleration of graphics and video, tuned for low energy consumption and high performance.
Due to our considerable success to date and continuing strong customer interest in the Mali product family, we are looking to further grow and strengthen our Trondheim engineering team through the hiring of a Graphics Verification Engineer.
Implementation and verification of high performance, low power GPUs to drive an ever growing range of embedded devices is a vast and exciting challenge. At Arm, verification is a significant and rewarding part of the IP development process. For each GPU development the verification activity is planned and executed by a dedicated team of experts who are involved in all stages of the project from architecture and methodology definition, to design sign-off.
As a Graphics Verification Engineer, You will have a challenging and dynamic role which is verifying next-generation graphics processors. If you have a high level of technical competency and an ability to pick up and apply new concepts and skills quickly, we want to hear from you.
You will work within a small agile team of engineers with a diverse set of skills from both hardware and software disciplines. The team verifies graphics processors at the top-level – using architectural stimulus derived from multiple supported APIs including OpenCL, OpenGLES and Vulkan. The team is exposed to a wide range of tools, languages & methodologies as part of their work.
Your day-to-day activities within this role will include:
* Writing new tools for testing our GPUs.
* Extending our existing tools to test new HW features and new graphics APIs.
* Debugging failures – interacting with design, verification and software driver teams.
* Contributing to the future development of our GPU architecture.
* Strong programming skills.
* Good understanding of object-oriented programming or functional programming.
* Proficiency in problem solving and debugging.
* Motivated and result-focused engineer.
* Good communication skills.
* Experience in benchmarking, optimisation, version control and bug tracking systems.
* Development of continuous integration infrastructure.
* Experience with agile software development.
* Experience with UNIX development environments.
* Willingness to travel to other Arm sites within Europe.
What you will encounter here
You will have a chance to learn various technologies (and if you already know some of this then you can teach us a thing or two!).
We write tests using OpenCL, OpenGLES and Vulkan. We use Scala and Python for most of our code. Git and Gerrit are used for version control and code review. Continuous integration is done with Jenkins. As a team we decide how to work and what tools we use.
About the Media Engineering Group
In Media Engineering you will be working alongside the best engineers in the world, making market leading products for the world’s most successful companies.
With applications in mobile, machine learning, Internet of Things, automotive, security, and embedded devices, your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Our product portfolio includes Graphics, Image, Display and Video IP and our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping Graphics Processor.
We are a global team, working across numerous sites and cultures and we are entering a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we inspire our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Compulsory pension plan
* Insurance Package (travel, life, disability, health)
* Broadband, Internet home connection
* Two weeks paid leave for dads when baby is born
* Holiday, 6 (six) weeks as per Norwegian Holiday Act
* Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Others, parental leave, subsidised lunch, fitness gym in building, game room, team and seasonal social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Trondheim office focuses on expertise in graphics hardware, driver software, FPGA and ASIC implementation and performance analysis. Our office used to be a bank, and we now use the vault as a games room! Trondheim is a picturesque citylocated on the Trondheimsfjord and an excellent place to see the beautiful aurora borealis.
Arm Norway AS
Olav Tryggvassons gt. 39-41