4 months ago
Senior GIS Consultant - Digital (NEW0000ND)
: United Kingdom-Newcastle-Newcastle
Senior GIS Consultant – Digital – Newcastle
Would you like to join our Environmental team in Newcastle? We are looking for a Senior GIS/digital consultant to join our multi-disciplinary Consulting team in Newcastle. With a core focus on GIS experience you will ideally have an appreciation of major infrastructure and/or environmental projects and the ways in which geospatial methods can support and enhance them.
You will be responsible for delivering technical GIS analysis and support to the infrastructure design, environmental and planning aspects of a nationally significant highway project in Scotland and other projects of various types and scales, working with geospatial and other Arup specialists.
Tasks could include;
• Data management, data visualisations, cartography, spatial analysis, automation/scripting of spatial tasks, web development, BIM and GIS integration, and other GIS/digital linked tasks.
• Producing project related correspondence, reports and geospatial outputs.
• Managing and mentoring junior members of staff
• Liaising with various specialists in projects teams, attending internal and client meetings, reporting on and presenting the geospatial aspects of projects
Skills/Experience required for the role
• GIS experience, ideally in technical consultancy
• A first degree in a relevant subject such as geography, GIS, computer science, software development and information technology or similar
• Relevant track record of providing GIS expertise into projects in a consulting environment including highways projects specifically, through all design and ideally construction stages
• Experience in a range of GIS, web development and database environments
• Ability to flex skills and approach across a wide range of project types
• Ideally Chartered or progressing towards Chartership
• Post-graduate qualification of MSc or higher in a relevant subject
• Skills in Python scripting, web development and BIM
• Project management experience, including QA procedures and financial systems
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Shape your time with us
How can we best work with you? Whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle, it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours. At Arup you have access to a range of flexible working options – including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time. If you're interested in any of these options, please let us know when you apply and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits including private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes are funded by Arup and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund, available to spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to complement your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules, employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
The vacancy is being managed by Siobhan Osborne – Siobhan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 19.03.2019