23 days ago
Senior Geotechnical Engineers
Salary: £Commensurate with experience
Senior Geotechnical Engineers
Do you have what it takes?
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy company providing services globally for over 30 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors.
We have an exciting opportunity for you at RSK to join our new growing geotechnical team based in the Midlands and North of England. The position is being offered at the Coventry office, however, for the right candidate then the use of hot desking maybe feasible in other offices across the midlands and north from time to time when established within the team.
The Geotechnical Consultancy team provides consultancy and design services to the 12 RSK Geosciences teams based across the whole of the UK and wider RSK Group companies, as well as a broad range of external private and public sector clients. Our current workload includes major infrastructure, commercial and residential development schemes both in the UK and internationally. Due to the rapid increase in workloads we are looking to expand our highly experienced team.
What you can expect in this position
As a senior member of the team you will be expected to assist in the delivery of a range of geotechnical projects, along with managing/mentoring junior engineers, and you will therefore be able to demonstrate strong technical, commercial and project management capabilities. It is expected that employees working at this grade will have a keen project finance awareness, be client facing, self-motivated, exhibit a proactive approach, and work well within a team environment.
What you'll be doing:
* Managing geotechnical projects through desk studies and ground investigation phases, through to the production of interpretive geotechnical reports
* Design, supervision and management of ground investigation and construction works
* Working knowledge of Eurocode 7 and UK annex design codes, ground investigation and construction contracts and specifications
* Effectively communicating with clients (both external and within the wider RSK group) and colleagues to build strong working relationships with the aim of meeting and exceeding client expectations, and contributing to a strong team ethic
* Managing projects to meet both commercial and technical requirements and working with technical and projects leads to deliver appropriate solution
* Managing, motivating, mentoring and developing junior professional staff
* Supporting business development, developing new leads and preparation of tenders
* Stewardship of health and safety in accordance with company standards
What we're looking for:
* Demonstrable experience in designing, supervising and managing ground investigations, including the production of high quality geotechnical interpretative reports
* Experience of managing and validating earthworks projects desirable
* Awareness of geo-environmental investigation and assessment desirable
* Experience of rock slope inspections and assessment would be a benefit
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
* Able to work independently and as part of a team
* Computer literate and skilled with Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CAD and GIS software competency desirable
* Knowledge of geotechnical software packages including gINT, Qasys suite, Wallap, Dips, RocFall etc desirable but not essential as training will be given
* Full UK drivers licence.
* BEng/Meng/BSc or equivalent in Engineering Geology, Civil Engineering, Geology or Environmental Science or related subject essential
* MSc in geotechnics or similar desirable but not essential
* Working towards chartership with either the Geological Society or ICE or another relevant professional body
Salary & benefits:
* £Commensurate with experience
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Free life assurance cover
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
* We encourage Continuing Professional Development and, as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society or Institute of Civil Engineers, we are committed to supporting candidates along the pathway to Chartership.
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered. We also offer a flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care. Regular training and career development.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. For further information please contact Kate Hart, Senior HR Business Partner on -*******
At RSK we operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation, adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. The company prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and enabling them to reach their full potential. Listed as being in the top 3 environmental consultancies and listed in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Furthermore, retaining our employees is the building block of a successful organisation and we want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working, social activities, and community involvement projects.
RSK is also committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer