about 1 year ago
If you are a well-qualified senior geotechnical engineer with the drive and enthusiasm to embrace new challenges, here’s an opportunity to play a prominent role in the further growth of one of the leading ground engineering groups in the world. With more than 300 professionals, Atkins’ geotechnical reputation is built on the skills, excellence and commitment of our people in all aspects of geotechnical engineering. We see a bright future as we adapt and strengthen our technical expertise in growth areas, such as Energy, Mass Transit and Major Infrastructure.
We have a great opportunity in our Bristol office for an ambitious Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our experienced and dynamic team to help deliver a range of projects primarily in the infrastructure sector (roads, rail, water and commercial / industrial development). This is a fantastic opportunity to take a leading role in the ground engineering input to some of our most challenging projects.
The successful applicant will be a senior geotechnical engineer with a proven technical and project management track record.
Candidates should have:
* A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent)
* Chartered status
* Proven experience of acting as a senior geotechnical engineer in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment
* Proven geotechnical design experience
* Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead geotechnical design teams
* Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients
* Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs
* Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work
* A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas
The learning and development experience in our Ground Engineering team is different to that at most other companies. Here we thoroughly recognise the importance of our people and we invest for the long term to provide them with the technical, commercial and managerial expertise they need throughout their career. At Atkins our staff continue to learn and develop irrespective of their position or experience.
Our investment includes our acclaimed technical conferences, regular presentations and discussion groups, field trips, bespoke training courses as well as active on the job mentoring. Fulfilling learning and development experiences include the opportunity for international assignments in a variety of countries.
We have also increased our investment even further by launching our Ground Engineering Professionals Programme, facilitating strong professional development to match the passion and skills of our talented people post-chartership.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working we would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview