4 months ago
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
May 9, 2019
Chester, CHES, GB, CH1 3AE
Black & Veatch Family of Companies
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Req Id : 381
Job Title : Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Business Unit Sector : PCL-WTR EMEIA
Work Location : UKCHESTER
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project :
Working as part of the geotechnical team, the successful applicant would be expected to do the following:
• Provide point of contact for geotechnical work in the Chester
• Mentor junior staff
• The design and preparation of documentation for ground investigations,
• Site supervision of ground investigations,
• Collation and interpretation of the results of ground investigations,
• Preparation of sections and drawings illustrating geological conditions,
• Design of engineering solutions for earthworks, foundations, slopes and retaining structures,
• Check the work of junior staff.
Many of our schemes are multi-disciplinary and will require liaison with project teams of varying complexity and size.
The following are required:
• Chartered Engineer
• Degree qualified to Masters Level (or equivalent) in Geotechnical Engineering or other relevant subject.
• Proven geotechnical experience within a range of sectors
• Ability to mentor junior staff.
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
• Good organisational skills and be able to multi-task. Travel as required in UK and Europe.
• Full UK drivers licence is essential.
• Awareness of responsibilities under the CDM regulations.
Flexible working will be considered for this role.
Masters Level Degree in relevant subject
Full UK Driving Licence
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Masters Level Degree in Civil Engineering
Ability to use Geostudio Suite, WALLAP, gINT
CSCS Card, EUSR Water Card
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Geotechnical Engineering, Engineer, Geology, Civil Engineer, Engineering