4 months ago
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Date published: 18-Mar-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Due to an expanding workload, Black and Veatch are seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join the Geotechnical Team in the Glasgow, Stepps office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Working as part of the geotechnical team, the successful applicant would be expected to do the following:
• Provide point of contact for geotechnical work in the Glasgow, Stepps Office
• Mentor junior staff
• The design and preparation of documentation for ground investigations,
• Site supervision of ground investigations,
• Collation and interpretation of the results of ground investigations,
• Preparation of sections and drawings illustrating geological conditions,
• Design of engineering solutions for earthworks, foundations, slopes and retaining structures,
• Check the work of junior staff.
Many of our schemes are multi-disciplinary and will require liaison with project teams of varying complexity and size.
The following are required:
• Chartered Engineer
• Degree qualified to Masters Level (or equivalent) in Geotechnical Engineering or other relevant subject.
• Proven geotechnical experience within a range of sectors
• Ability to mentor junior staff.
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
• Good organisational skills and be able to multi-task. Travel as required in UK and Europe.
• Full UK drivers licence is essential.
• Awareness of responsibilities under the CDM regulations.
Full time & Part time will be considered for this role.
Masters Level Degree in relevant subject
Full UK Driving Licence
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Masters Level Degree in Civil Engineering
Ability to use Geostudio Suite, WALLAP, gINT
CSCS Card, EUSR Water Card