7 months ago
Stantec have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Geo-environmental Engineer (Chartered) to join our team in hHgh Wycombe on a Permanent basis
Stantec are seeking an experienced geo-environmental professional to work as part of the UK Ground Engineering Team (comprising geotechnical & geo-environmental engineers). The role will be based in our well established High Wycombe office, but will also encompass significant time on client’s sites across the UK and Europe (but predominantly in southern England).
The purpose of the role is to provide technical expertise in the area of Geo-environmental Engineering across a range of programmes & projects and for a range of clients. The individual should have an excellent technical understanding and solid experience in contaminated land projects, particularly in the context of planning and corporate due diligence. Strong contaminated land investigation expertise is essential.
The position would suit a dynamic individual that has experience of industry sector corporate due diligence contaminated land projects. The individual must be flexible in their approach and have the ability to work to tight deadlines. The individual must also be comfortable managing Contractors, laboratories and junior members of staff.
• Provide technical expertise within the geo-environmental field, to clients and to other Stantec disciplines.
• Plan, programme, co-ordinate and prepare reports for specific projects.
• Negotiating with regulators and statutory consultees.
• Preparing of cost estimates for projects.
• Supporting more senior members of the team in proposal and bid writing.
• Day to day management of junior staff on projects.
• Complete all work in line with MWH Core Values and in accordance with Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Degree qualified to Masters Level (or equivalent) in relevant subject.
• Must be Chartered (CEnv, CSci, CGeol or GEng).
• Proven geo-environmental experience within a range of sectors including industry, defence and utilities.
• A strong technical background in the investigation, remediation and validation of contaminated land, site specific risk assessments, CLEA and other risk models, groundwater contamination, P20 assessments, landfill gas risk assessments, remediation techniques, waste soil classification, validation etc.
• Strong knowledge of site investigation methods.
• Good Project Management skills and commercial awareness.
• Experienced level of decision making.
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Good organisational skills and be able to multi-task. Must be able to meet tight time constraints, and willingness to work extended hours as required.
• Full UK drivers licence is essential.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
about 1 year ago
only 16 days until close
3 months ago
only 5 days until close
3 months ago
only 5 days until close