3 months ago
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
This Capgemini Front End Developer role puts software engineering and professionalism at the heart of delivery. As part of the Web Platforms Team in our Digital Customer Experience unit, you’ll help us produce web platforms for a range of enterprise clients. All your close colleagues will be first and foremost engineers – technical experts who love using Open Source to create complex content management, digital marketing, and e-commerce solutions.
The focus of your role
This is a challenge for a Senior Front End Developer, capable of leading the development and delivery of engaging mobile, tablet and desktop web experiences for our ambitious clients.
What you’ll do
* Lead agile development teams as they deliver robust, engaging and usable solutions.
* Take personal responsibility for components’ technical delivery – collaborative with other senior developers and architects to design robust, scalable technical solutions.
* Continually improve our front end development teams’ development processes, practices, tools and techniques.
* Share your knowledge and experience with colleagues as you coach them and mentor them, helping the team to grow their skills.
* Work with clients and internal teams to develop new opportunities and open source projects and initiatives.
What you’ll bring
* Experience of third-party APIs and SASS or another CSS pre-processor.
* Practical knowledge of using Grunt, Gulp or similar tools to automate tasks.
* Version control software (Git) expertise, and a deep understanding of web standards accessibility and best practice.
* A portfolio with examples of responsive design and multiple browsers, along with Test Driven or Behaviour Driven Development.
* Experience of leading commercial agile teams and delivering optimised integrated web solutions.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
November 3, 2018
Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Permanent Full Time
Any UK Base
29 days ago
only 19 days until close
27 days ago
only 18 hours until close
26 days ago
only 1 day until close
26 days ago
only 1 day until close