7 months ago
The Senior Financial Accountant has responsibility to produce timely, accurate financial accounting information for the consolidated Folgate group; in particular to perform key balance sheet and profit and loss reconciliation tasks; to assist with year-end processes and statutory accounts preparation.
Supporting the Group Financial Controller and Head of Group Reporting to provide the right level of challenge, analysis and interpretation of actual and forecasted financial data. The Senior Financial Accountant acts as a custodian of the value and integrity of the results.
* Accountable for the preparation of monthly management accounts (including commentary) for the group, subsidiaries or related parties.
* Ownership of preparation of management information as per agreed timing and frequency.
* Ownership of specific month end tasks such as review of recharging, tax reconciliations, intercompany transactions, and overhead reporting.
* Assist with the analytical review of month end results against budget/forecast for discussion with the Group Financial Controller, Head of Group Reporting and stakeholders as required.
* Responsible for preparing accurate balance sheet reconciliations with full supporting documentation and action plans for any reconciling items as appropriate.
* Review bank reconciliations performed by transactional processing team.
* Review trade debtors and creditors with Operations Director.
* Perform income and cost reconciliations for the commercial properties.
* Perform income and cost reconciliations for the residential or commercial properties from statements received from the Rental Agent.
* Prepare journals as part of month end process or to correct errors.
* Act as the point of contact for any questions relating to the Folgate group, where required working with finance colleagues in other teams to resolve promptly.
* Apply appropriate financial control and governance by adhering to the group accounting manual, policies and control framework, to support successful external audit outcomes.
* Prepare a full consolidation and accounts for all entities for statutory purposes by set deadlines.
* Support the group audit and compliance programme as appropriate
* Develop and sustain good working relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues.
* Provide analysis, data and explanations as requested for the year-end audit, statutory and regulatory financial reporting. Co-ordinate and act as initial contact during the external audit for any queries.
* Act as a champion of continual business improvement through incremental change and innovation
* As required attend meetings including the quarterly Board meeting, draft communication to key stakeholders, train those impacted by process change and support the Head of Group Reporting as required.
* Ad-hoc financial reporting, analysis and decision support as requested by Group Financial Controller, Head of Group Reporting, Operational Director, Company Legal Secretary, and Folgate Chair.
* ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified with significant PQE, working in a property management or investment business.
* Knowledge of IFRS15 and FRS102
Skills and Experience
* Practical working knowledge of accounting for commercial and residential properties
* Good working knowledge of MS Office products and Finance ERP systems
* Excellent bookkeeping and reconciliation skills
* Worked in a large organisation of a similar size and structure
* Demonstrate strong relationship and stakeholder management skills
* Exposure to VAT returns and completing corporation tax packs
* Attendance at Board meetings
* Experience of using Power BI and data warehouses
* Use of Dynamics