7 months ago
A great opportunity for a talented and ambitious Senior Finance Manager to undertake a challenging and highly stimulating role where you can make significant commercial impact and benefit from exceptional career development.
Amey, a leading consulting and infrastructure support services provider with nearly 20,000 employees are behind the public services used every day – from roads, railways and schools to waste, airports, water and energy. Reporting to the Head of Finance within the Utilities division, the Senior Finance Manager's team of 14 (6 direct reports) provide management accounting services across a range of large, long-term UK civil engineering, construction and maintenance capital projects with clients including United Utilities, Severn Trent, Scottish Power and National Grid.
In this rewarding role, the Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for providing divisional leadership with financial analysis and insight to help drive performance improvement and strategic growth, as well as ensuring your team provides the required level of governance, reporting and financial challenge across the contracts.
This highly visible position has also been specifically earmarked by the Divisional Finance Director to ensure Amey has strong succession planning options and as such it would suit a Senior Finance Manager with the legroom and clear capacity to grow and develop further in the business within a reasonable period of time.
Why you should consider this role?
* The team has been newly assembled following a major restructure and there’s a need to improve standardisation and best practice across contracts. As such there’s huge scope to build a really strong team, drive significant improvements and put your stamp on things
* A large, dynamic and fast-evolving company environment and divisional growth ensures you can take advantage of great career development opportunities into Head of Finance / Senior Business Partner or Financial Controller roles
* You can be proud to be part of an organisation that’s focused on building, maintaining and investing in the UK's services and infrastructure; creating better places for everyone
What are we looking for?
* ACCA / CIMA fully Qualified with proven Finance Management experience gained in long-term contract environments (Facilities Management, Highways, Rail, Construction etc)
* Excellent written and verbal communication. Highly analytical, personable and an inspirational leader who is passionate about mentoring and developing staff
* Track record of driving improvements and a sound awareness of what ‘great’ looks like
* Experience working in a high quality and deadline driven financial reporting environment with multiple stakeholders across a large matrix organisation
* Good knowledge of accounting practices, statutory regulations and reporting requirements including experience of forecasting / budgeting across large, complex project environments
* Strong systems skills, particularly Excel, SAP and business forecasting tools (i.e. BPC)
The role is based out of Amey’s Bamber Bridge office (PR5 6BP) on the outskirts of Preston with convenient commuting links to Greater Manchester - Blackburn, Wigan, Burnley, Liverpool etc. Most of the time you’ll be office based but there may be occasional travel to other sites across the UK.