5 months ago
· Work collaboratively with the business and other members of the finance team to generate, develop, track and monitor the delivery of the operational budgets, supporting the ten year plan aspiration.
· Lead the Joint Venture in developing accurate monthly and quarterly P&L and cash forecasts and annual budgets, whilst maintaining corporate values, operational guidelines, ‘best practice’ and statutory accounting principles.
· Provide managers with an integrated view of financial performance, early warnings on significant changes in expected performance and suggested corrective actions.
· Own the closing process for all P&Ls and be accountable for quality of JV Balance Sheet reconciliations within their area of responsibility (expenditure reviews, revenue recognition, journal entries, monitoring variances to forecast and working with Operations on risks and opportunities).
· With relevant business stakeholders, help develop and maintain a cost control focus and drive continuous improvement in both finance and business processes.
· Review terms and conditions of proposals/contracts to ensure that the company’s interest is maintained including project profitability and billing and collection profiles
· Drive an increased focus on cash management throughout the project lifecycle
· Implement proper and effective controls to ensure good corporate governance, minimising the risk of fraud and loss of process.
· Ensure that finance input to the business is welcomed, trusted and respected as adding value whilst maintaining financial discipline.
· Interact and effectively work towards common goals with other parts of the Finance Team & wider business including Financial Reporting, Shared Service Centre, Project Controls, Procurement, and FP&A.
· Perform special projects as requested by management.