over 2 years ago
Requisition ID :2021-82505
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Estimating
Position Type : Fixed Term
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Estimator with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
* Ensure alignment with Wood estimating guidelines. Promote the use of standard estimating systems, procedures and work methods.
* Develop and issue to relevant parties for approval / comment the Basis of Estimate for each project or proposal cost estimate to be developed.
* Develop and maintain project and proposal cost estimates in accordance with the Basis of Estimate, including statements of work scope, man-hour estimates, narratives, and review/comment on client documents.
* Facilitate / participate in internal project cost estimate reviews and operations & cost reviews, coordinate comments and obtain estimate sign-off approval from relevant parties.
* Deliver presentations of reviewed estimates to Wood management for approval and to client as required.
* Produce and issue updates to project / proposal cost estimates in a controlled manner
Skills / Qualifications
* Degree in relevant technical or business discipline or can be substituted by suitable industry experience.
* Extensive experience in estimating positions.
* Prior experience in a senior role is essential.
* Thorough knowledge of all estimating techniques and systems with a detailed knowledge of their implementation.
* Knowledge of design and implementation of projects in the oil and gas industry, preferably in both onshore and offshore environment
* Detailed knowledge and application of estimating principles.
* Excellent/competent Computerised systems user.
* Excellent understanding of project management principles and techniques.
* Knowledgeable in the supervision of project controls personnel.
* Strong understanding of Cost management, Estimating, Change control, Risk analysis and Planning.
* Meets all competency criteria.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.