4 months ago
We are looking for a Senior Estimator to join our Specialist Businesses team you will have previous experience measuring and estimating groundworks and street works including but not limited to bulk excavation, installation of services, general Streetworks (including paving, kerbing and surfacing)
The main purpose of this role is to prepare analytical estimates for a project to be used within the tender bid. Following the submission of the tender to attend meetings, negotiate and record all changes to the tender price required. The Senior Estimator will also be responsible for assisting the Estimating Manager with the complete tender submission as necessary.
Complete delivery is what sets Murphy’s highways, public realm and security team apart from its competitors. We combine decades of knowledge and experience with current best practice to achieve exceptional results.
The highways, public realm and security team has operated in London for more than 40 years, earning it a ‘London-centric’ expertise that is unrivalled in the industry. Central London is a challenging environment in which to operate, with numerous stakeholders and demands. We are able to manage expectations, balancing them with the requirements of schemes to ensure a seamless transition from design to construction, providing confidence in our programme deliverables.
The team’s capabilities are founded on our complete delivery model, from feasibility through to construction. We are able to draw on the vast infrastructure resources and skill set within Murphy to bring a complete, overarching service to meet clients’ needs. These include utility connections and diversions, stakeholder management, traffic management systems and building structures. It is a holistic approach, delivered via an organisational structure, founded upon experienced management and skilled delivery teams who operate with honesty and integrity
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Attend project start-up meetings and make site visits.
* Produce enquiry schedules for scope of works & packages required from the tender documentation, drawings and specifications issued.
* Identify tender deliverables required from the Project Designers.
* Evaluate returned quotations from suppliers and where necessary enters into correspondence with suppliers to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements.
* Prepare BOQ for scopes of projects on estimating programs (such as Excel, Causeway, CCS Candy & Kubus).
* Input to project risk register and attends a project risk meeting in the presence of Estimators, Planning Engineers, Design Co-ordinators and Clients representatives.
* Attend tender price settlement meetings in the presence of the tender team with Estimating Manager,
* Attend Tender Handover meetings in the presence of Estimators and projects team.
* Prepare commercial documents for tender handover to projects team.
* Carry out duties / functions under JMS Quality and Health & Safety Management Systems.
* Assist the Estimating Manager in promoting interaction with the appropriate functional leader to facilitate successful development of solutions to problems and estimates.
* Assist the Estimating Manager in working with the site commercial team to ensure budgets & programs are reflective of actual delivery experience.
* Make tender amendments where applicable utilising client feedback on submitted tenders.
* As necessary provide supports and respond to tender queries made by project team personnel.
* In conjunction with the Contract Manager / Senior Management review contract details relevant to the company’s ability to deliver under the contract.
* Review tender documents assessing scope, risks involved, tender complexity and provide feedback to Estimating Manager.
Skills and Experience
* Site experience on projects
* Proven successful estimating experience in civil engineering, including undertaking role of an estimator.
* Extensive variety in types of work priced
* Experience of public sector clients and private sector clients
* IT Literate