9 months ago
Senior Environmental Consultant (Management, Permitting, Compliance), Manchester, UK
Office Location: Manchester
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits
Discipline team: Environmental Management, Permitting & Compliance
The Environmental Management, Permitting and Compliance (EMPC) team at SLR provide regulatory compliance and environmental management services to support the industry, minerals, waste, power and oil & gas sectors with their complicated set of environmental legislative obligations. The services and sectors within which the team operate are key areas of growth for the business, and on the back of continued project success there is an opportunity for a Senior Consultant to join the team in our Manchester office.
The position presents an excellent opportunity to join an experienced team of specialists, supported by a multidisciplinary range of experts in the fields of air quality, noise, hydrogeology, process engineering and more. The individual will be mentored by the team and gain a breadth of knowledge to go on to provide the project oversight services strongly valued by our clients and assist with developing new business opportunities.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful applicant will support the team in a diverse range of compliance and environmental management matters including preparation of environmental permit applications, undertaking of audits and development of environmental management systems, predominantly within the industry and energy sectors.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
* Broad understanding of environmental management issues (permitting, management systems, auditing) and how they present risks and opportunities for business – ideally coupled with regulatory, industry or consultancy based experience.
* Professional client facing skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in an organisation, and a willingness to engage in the development and delivery (and ideally marketing/Business Development) of a broad range of environmental technical services
* Relevant Environmental based degree and holding/eligible for appropriate level of membership of a relevant professional organisation (IEMA, CIWEM, CIEEm or equivalent)
* Strong numerical skills and the ability to analyse and interpret complex data/information
* Strong IT skills (Microsoft suite or equivalent), and effective time and project management skills and a “can do” attitude
* Full driving license
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.