8 months ago
Senior Environmental Advisor – Infrastructure projects
Based Birmingham, West Midlands (County)
J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, multi-disciplined engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure.
Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, Murphy provides better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & property.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Environmental Advisor to join the team and act as the subject matter expert on one of the country’s most prominent civil engineering projects.
* Act as the Environmental expert and advise on multi-site projects (inclusive of HS2 enabling schemes)
* Establish and promote best practice in environmental and sustainability matters in conjunction with the SHESQ function
* Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the SHESQ of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Legislation and Company Procedures
* Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory environmental duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required
* Support management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the project Environmental Plans
* Carry out regular inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and the relevant Statutory Provisions
* Carry out incident investigations in accordance with the Company procedure and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any reoccurrences
* Collate Contract Environmental statistics in a timely manner and submit to the SHESQ Management & SHESQ function for reporting purposes
* Review environmental information to identify trends and areas for improvement. Develop and implement environmental campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with the SHESQ Management
* Assist in the preparation & review of project environmental documents including those of 3rd parties.
* Provide support to Project teams in the development of Environmental Plans
* Produce Environmental plans, procedures and associated documentation
What we’re looking for:
* Qualified with an Environmental Degree
* Proven experience in an Environmental Specialist/Advisor role
* Construction/Infrastructure experience
* Practitioner Member of IEMA
* Understanding of advising a multi-project programme of works in a hands-on Advisor capacity
* Knowledge of application of ISO14001:15
* Travel required to visit sites
* Client interfacing role, so experience of this would be beneficial