6 months ago
Senior Engineer – Water
Job Reference - WA028
We’ve been around for more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more. We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions.
Let’s enhance society together!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal Engineer to join our Water team in the Newcastle office.
Royal HaskoningDHV wants to ensure it maintains a leading market position for its water solutions. You will be a fundamental part of that: ensuring that we maintain and develop our technical skills, our client relationships and our name within the industry. You will work to develop and implement our strategy with senior staff, to deliver excellent projects by leading project teams and to mentor and develop the next generation of engineers and scientists.
With focus on the northern business you will be part of an established but growing UK team with links to Water Business Line’s wider international presence. You will work closely with the team leaders in the Newcastle and Leeds offices and senior staff within the UK and internationally to expand our services to domestic and international clients. You will use your network and skills to seek out opportunities as well to respond effectively to tenders received.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
With a focus on the north (Leeds, Newcastle), you will assist in growing the team and the workload, in addition to providing the core technical input and project direction on an agreed portfolio of projects.
* Undertake roles including: project director, technical reviewer/technical lead, project manager, bid director/bid manager as required.
* Responsible for identifying opportunities and for contributing to the technical and commercial aspects of relevant bids.
* Use your experience of working with Contractors to deliver profitable Design & Build projects.
* Work collaboratively with the Team Leaders and take an active role in providing technical support, staff development and mentoring for more junior technical staff in the Newcastle & Leeds Offices.
* Link and work collaboratively with other senior staff in delivering Engineering and design across the Water UK business.
The ideal candidate:
* Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
* Chartered Engineer via ICE or CIWEM or a Chartered Scientist with CIWEM with significant post-qualification experience
* Experience in flood and coastal erosion risk management
* Working knowledge and experience of NEC3 contract management
* Good understanding of the CDM Regulations and the roles and responsibilities of the various parties
* Knowledge and practical experience of civil engineering industry and environmental procedures and best practice
* Excellent commercial understanding and technical track record
* Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship building skills
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits, including a flexible working policy, a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance and 25 days holiday. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.