3 months ago
Senior Engineer, Vision
Communications House,, Staines-Upon-Thames, United Kingdom
Worker Type: Permanent
Contract Type: Full time
Role and Responsibilities
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Physics.
• Sufficient years’ experience delivering computer vision based products using C++ or Python (Masters or PhD study will be considered).
• Theoretical and practical understanding of multi-view geometry and 3D reconstruction.
• Experience with machine learning techniques within a computer vision context.
• Experience in software testing and debugging and proficient on software debugging tools.
• Good understanding of documentation requirements, design using UML and ability to clearly present complex ideas and technical designs.
• PhD/MS in Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning.
• Expertise with Deep Neural Networks using TensorFlow or Keras.
• Expertise in performance optimization and developing power efficient software.Purpose of the Role:
As a Computer Vision Engineer within Vision and AI team you will work in a small dynamic team across various technologies to develop algorithms and software for outstanding products. You will have the autonomy to solve problems creatively and follow through with implementation while working closely with other teams. Responsibilities include:
• Carry out detailed technical architecture and system design, documenting requirement capture and design as appropriate.
• Develop commercial grade software to Samsung products following provided guidelines, development processes and methodologies.
• Have technical responsibility for significant sections of the assigned project and carry out the assigned work with minimal supervision.
• Perform feasibility studies, high level designs and prototype coding activities typical of the incubation stages of large software projects.
• Provide advice to the line and project managers for project planning and resourcing.
• Assist the other team members with their work, participate in code and design reviews and verify team member’s contributions for code quality, stability and performance.
• Timely provision of written reports, following the attendance of meetings or resulting from other activities undertaken as appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications