12 months ago
About the Role
The Liverpool team is seeking a Senior Mechanical / Electrical Engineer experienced in tunnel operations and maintenance. A knowledge of tunnel M&E systems design would be an advantage. Due to recent successes the team is growing and offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate seeking new and exciting opportunities.
The successful candidate will assist in a number of tunnel projects in the planning process and in operation throughout the UK and is expected to assist in the expansion of the road tunnels business. It is anticipated that as the tunnels business grows there will be a requirement to utilise our tunnels experience in projects outside the UK.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver tunnel projects through various stages of design from feasibility to planning, detailed design, construction, mobilisation into operation and maintenance.
A typical week would include:
1. undertaking duties associated with the development of operational philosophies for road tunnels to influence system design, installation, commissioning, integration of complex systems, operation and maintenance of road tunnels
2. Undertaking a leading technical role on tunnel projects for the Highways England and other clients
3. Work with the Tunnels Technical Leader - Operations and Systems in implementing the HE and European Standards in the safe operation of road tunnels
4. Work with all relevant stakeholders in the development of operational procedures and Incident Management Plans
We’d love to hear from you if have:
* A degree in mechanical, electrical or building services engineering or another appropriate subject and be Chartered or Incorporated with an appropriate professional engineering Institution, or working towards CEng or IEng membership of an appropriate institution.
* experience in tunnel systems and engineering, tunnels operation and maintenance, risk assessment and management