8 months ago
About the Role
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join our Developer Projects Team to implement a range of highway developer-funded ‘public realm’ schemes. The role forms part of WSP’s Highways and Transportation services to Westminster City Council (WCC) and entails close working with the contractor FM Conway.
A typical Week would include:
Assisting with the feasibility, design, consultation and implementation of highway schemes. These typically comprise public realm improvement projects and are located in the heart of Westminster including the West End, Mayfair, Covent Garden and Soho. Current projects include Baker Street 2 Way, Bond Street Streetscape Improvements and Hanover Square Public Realm.
* Managing and implementing the design of highway engineering projects in Westminster
* Monthly programme and financial reporting
* Liaison with the client team on progress
* Preparing reports, drawings, schedules, bills of quantities, cost estimates and other documents in accordance with local procedures
* Undertaking designer duties tasks as required under the CDM Regulation
It should be noted that the above list of principal duties and responsibilities is not necessarily complete and is intended to give an overall view of the post. It is for guidance only.
We'd love to hear from you:
* If you have a relevant Degree
* Are working towards achieving Corporate membership of a relevant professional body.
* Have the ability to work and liaise with a wide range of professionals.
* Experience of delivering work on time and to agreed budgets.
* Site experience working alongside contractors
* Have good spoken and written communication skills.
* Ability to liaise with others including public sector officials, members of the public and other Senior colleagues.
* Good working knowledge of current national, regional and local guidance/standards with regards to the fields of highway engineering. Knowledge of the DMRB.
* Awareness of up to date initiatives/best practice in highways and transportation.
* Must be able to demonstrate up to date and relevant knowledge of all aspects of scheme design.
* Awareness of all of the following disciplines:
* Highway design
* Urban realm design principles
* Construction methodology
* Health and Safety, including the CDM Regulations
A little about us:
We're a people business. In the UK we have over 7,000 colleagues who are united by our values: collaboration, innovation, pride, and passion for our work. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do as well. We're only as good as our last job, and whatever we're working on, as a team of passionate, proud and innovative consultants we apply the same level of professional service to everything we do.