6 months ago
Senior Engineer / Principal - Mechanical Building Services
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join our busy team based in our Manchester office. You will be responsible for leading the mechanical engineering delivery on a range of diverse projects across all business sectors including commercial, industrial, retail, healthcare, laboratories, education, defence and leisure, within both public and private domains.
Our current portfolio includes a number of key infrastructure projects including major government clients, 3rd Level education and universities and laboratories. The role will require you to integrate in to local teams and to work with colleagues in other offices as project demands dictate.
* Capable of designing and delivering a project
* Relevant experience in design projects
* Chartered or working towards Chartered status
* Ability to work within a team on major complex projects in the UK and overseas
* Able to meet residential criteria to become security cleared
* Experience with client and contractor meetings
* Experience in different procurement types
* Understanding of construction contracts, roles and responsibilities
* Ability to manage multiple contracts
* Understanding of project financial and resource management
* Experience in AutoCAD, National Engineering Spec (NES) Microsoft office
* REVIT/REVIT MEP
* Understanding of BREEAM on M&E Services
* IES/TAS Experience.
We will provide training and support to enable you to develop through the WYG career pathways.
Relevant degree in Building Services / Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Member of the MCIBSE, MIMechE or equivalent professional body, although relevant design experience would be considered.
Ideally, you will have experience in an engineering consultancy
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through six business streams:
* International Development
* Infrastructure & Built Environment
* Programme & Project Management
* Surveying & Asset Management
* Planning and Transport
WYG plc’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you will enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You will also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.