12 months ago
About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Engineer with experience in the Highways Sector to be part of our established and experienced team working on exciting highway projects. Due to recent successes our teams are growing and we offer excellent opportunities for the right candidates seeking new and exciting opportunities.
We are seeking experienced Senior Engineers to join the Highways team in our Truro Office
Rounded individuals responsible for planning and managing the delivery of projects, including adequacy of design, compliance with standards and legislation, resource time, cost and quality. Experience on one or more of the following will be essential:
1. Use of modelling and engineering related packages such as MX, Civil3D and AutoCAD,
2. Drainage design (surface water) including use of Microdrainage Software package
3. Pavement design to UK DMRB standards
The right candidate shall be able to take on significant elements of design either working on their own initiative, with minimal supervision or by taking a lead role working within multi-discipline project teams. Able to obtain and analyse information and report on findings.
* Project Management and provision of engineering expertise involving a range of multi-disciplinary infrastructure schemes primarily within the UK and occasionally elsewhere within the world, such as the Middle East.
* Client focus, lead and attend design review meetings or progress meetings
* Technical input and design on Highway projects, including:
* Alignment design and modelling together with the integration into BIM
* Application of Highways Agency standards, Manual for Streets and Local Authority guidance in relation to highway engineering
* Management and procedures for aspects not covered by standard or Departures from Standards.
* Preparation of specifications and development of Bills of Quantities
* Technical checking and design reviews
* Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental Legislation
Training and Work Experience:
* A degree in Civil Engineering
* Ideally candidate to have Chartered Status (MICE or equivalent) or equivalent demonstrable experience
* Be able to demonstrate clear and successful project management skills and technical competence in the field of highway engineering
* Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to push the boundaries of existing knowledge and the ability to take the lead outside of core discipline
* Proven track record of dealing with Clients and forging effective relationships in a professional and customer focused manner
* Experience of Contract Supervision using either NEC or ICE forms of contract
* Mentoring and guiding junior members of staff
* Good written and oral communication skills are essential
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
With 7,000 talented people in 60 offices across the UK and Ireland, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
* We value our people and our reputation.
* We are locally dedicated with international scale.
* We are future-focused and challenge the status quo.
* We foster collaboration in everything we do.
* We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable.