12 months ago
About the Role:
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Highways Engineer to join our expanding team based in our co-located Norwich office, primarily delivering projects for our Norwich client but also other clients around the UK when necessary.
Working in a team environment you will design and deliver highways maintenance and engineering projects through the appropriate technical standards. You will be expected to exercise independent engineering judgement and provide innovative solutions to engineering problems.
This is also a rare opportunity to both progress your career and enjoy a quality of life in a rural county, with a vibrant and desirable county town.
A typical week would include:
1. Undertaking scheme investigation, feasibility studies, preliminary/ detailed design, tender documents, site inspections, data collection and analysis, and works construction inspection and supervision.
2. Providing technical input to the agreement of project briefs, proposals and deliverables with Project Managers.
3. Managing the delivery of small to medium sized projects or programmes of work with minimal supervision.
4. Preparation of technical documents and drawings.
5. Carrying out the checking, certifying and authorising for issue designs, documents, approvals, Professional Skill and Care Certificates and reports.
We’d love to hear from you if have:
* A Degree or HNC/ HND (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering (or other relevant discipline), or other demonstrable experience. You will be or actively working towards Incorporated or Chartered status of a relevant professional institution.
* Relevant experience and knowledge in the design of highway maintenance and improvement schemes and general civil engineering projects.
* Knowledge of consultancy systems and processes.
* Working knowledge and experience of relevant highway and drainage design standards and preparing contract documentation (for example DMRB and Model Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW) and NEC2/ NEC3 form of contract).
* Experience of Project Manager role under NEC2/ NEC3 contract would be desirable.
A little about us:
We’re a people business. In the UK we have over 7,000 colleagues who are united by our values: collaboration, innovation, pride, and passion for our work. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do as well.
We're only as good as our last job, and whatever we're working on, as a team of passionate, proud and innovative consultants we apply the same level of professional service to everything we do.