5 months ago
About the Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think groundbreaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
In Northallerton we pride ourselves on delivering high quality outputs to our Local Government clients, including North Yorkshire County Council. Whether it’s highways maintenance – preserving the highway in a safe condition for all road users - or delivering multi-million-pound multi-disciplined new road alignments to help the local economy grow, we apply our expertise and professionalism to support our community.
We are very fortunate to do this work in one of the most stunning parts of the UK with two national parks, varied coastline and historic sites and cities on our doorstep.
A typical week would include:
* Working on a variety of highways related projects;
* Problem solving with colleagues and clients to achieve the best-value outcome for the available funds;
* Working in a local team of dedicated and knowledgeable technical and project management professionals. Supporting and mentoring colleagues to ensure they benefit from your expertise;
* Also working with colleagues from other UK and worldwide locations for the benefit of our local community;
* Adapting to changing client priorities in a fast-paced organisation;
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* The drive and determination to deliver work packages from start to finish with a focus on time and quality, to ensure you deliver right product at the right time;
* The ability to bring forwards new ideas and ways of working;
* The desire to work collaboratively with clients, contractors and colleagues to make sure we’re all striving for the best outcomes;
* Experience of design and/or site supervision in the highways sector;
* Ideally Incorporated or Chartered Engineer status, or at least working towards professional recognition.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.