10 months ago
About the Role
Our Highways team in Manchester is expanding rapidly to meet the significant workload we have secured in the North of Wales, England and beyond. This is your opportunity to join the North West’s largest Transport and Infrastructure Consultancy and to share in the opportunities being a market leader brings.
We are seeking a Senior Engineer with experience in the Highways Sector to be part of this established and experienced team working on exciting highway projects. Due to recent successes the team is growing and offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate seeking new and exciting opportunities.
The successful candidate will form part of an existing team to deliver a number of highway and transportation schemes for a number of public sector clients both in the UK and overseas.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver projects through various stages of design from feasibility to planning/detailed design and onto construction.
A typical week would include:
You will be required to manage programmes of work and prepare designs and specifications. Duties will include :
* Development of highway designs in accordance with the DMRB using AutoCAD, MX and/or Civils 3D.
* Mentoring and supervising the output of junior staff
* Taking a leading technical role on projects for the Highways Agency and Local Authority clients
* Client liaison as necessary to deliver the schemes/projects
* Production of technical reports as required
We’d love to hear from you if have:
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in civil engineering or another appropriate subject and be working towards Chartered or Incorporated membership of an appropriate professional engineering institution.
The successful candidate will be capable of working to tight project time scales, work comfortably under pressure and have an open and honest approach. Evidence of good communication and team work skills will be sought.
The successful candidate will have experience in the preparation of highway design for major and minor infrastructure projects from conception through to construction. Experience of managing a team of technicians and graduates would be advantageous.
Specific attributes :
* Degree qualified
* Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or working towards Chartered/Incorporated Engineer Status
* Proven experience in the technical and commercial management of highway projects
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Full, clean driver’s license
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
* Confidence to seek clarification of instructions and work scope
* Skills in one or more industry standard design software
* Adept in the use of AutoCAD and aptitude to develop in MX/Civils3D
* Proficient in use of standard office software
* We will commit to, drive and support your career development with vocational and academic training, and bonuses for gaining academic and professional accreditations;
* We support a thriving social and professional growth network which you will be invited to become part of;
* WSP is a great place to work – we are an honest, approachable and open organisation and focus as much on the well-being and safety of our people as we do their technical excellence