23 days ago
“As a Sub Agent, you will ensure resources, materials and plant are in the right place at the right time to ensure effective management and due diligence on site.”
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities we work in. Our purpose is to improve people’s lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.
We do this by holding true to our values, delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate about our role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of our business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
As one of the UK’s top principal contractors you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
OUR HIGHWAYS BUSINESS
There has never been a better time to join our family, in particular our Highways business where we have seen impressive growth over the last few years achieving tremendous success under the CDF Framework and Midlands Highway Alliance (MHA) amongst other local authority frameworks. Right now, we are poised for continued growth successfully retendering for the MHA strengthened with additional success on the Regional Delivery Partnership in collaboration with Highways England in the South West and the Eastern regions. We’ve secured a strong pipeline of work over the next few years and in a really strong position to capitalise further so now is the time to update that CV and come and join us, exciting times are ahead!
The M56 scheme is another of Highways England’s flagship Motorway Upgrade Programmes. The project will involve upgrading pavements, barriers and drainage as well as installation of gantries, emergency refuge areas and technical equipment to the M56 between junctions 6 and 8, to the west of Manchester Airport.
As a Sub Agent, you will take responsibility for ensuring resources, materials and plant are in the right place at the right time to ensure effective management and due diligence on site.
· Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
· Day to day leadership and management of a section of works including the supervision and monitoring of the site team and sub-contractors .
· Plan, control and monitor the progress of the works and coordinate the section(s) of the project as allocated.
· Manage multiple packages of work in conjunction with the commercial team.
· Attend external meetings as required with clients and stakeholders.
· Report to Site Agent/Project Manager on progress and performance.
· Assist the Site Agent/Project Manager to administer the cost forecast, valuation and reporting systems.
· Attending and implementing weekly and monthly site meetings.
· Ensure all site team and subcontractors are working to the latest design information.
· Undertake material take offs where required and ensure materials are ordered and reconciled.
· Conduct regular H&S checks and CDM audits.
· Ensure Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), Permit to Work systems, inductions and briefing are correctly carried out.
· Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and problems may arise.
· Ensuring and maintaining strict quality control procedures
· Ensuring site team keep site diaries are up to date.
· Assist with value engineering solutions.
· Manage direct reports and ensure appropriate competence is maintained.
· Monitor capability of staff and contractors to undertake current and prospective workloads and report to site management.
· Understand any temporary works requirements.
· Identify/assist in introducing new process, techniques and innovations on site.
We are looking for passion and a willingness to deliver excellence. If you have a solid experience delivering complex civil engineering schemes as a Sub Agent (or Section Engineer ready for the next step) on highways scheme with expertise in either earthworks, roadworks or structures, then get in touch as I want to hear from you. Obviously, you’ll have the usual good stuff such as an HNC or degree in civil engineering and valid CSCS, but we are looking for more than just that-we are looking for the right person to work safely, motivate and manage site teams site as well as strive for exceptional levels of performance, if this is you, call me today!
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, discretionary bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
For more information on this Sub Agent role or to enquire about other positions available within our highways business please contact Donna Apperley -*******
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community
Primary Location: Greater Manchester
Job: Construction (Site Management)
Organization: Construction & Investments
Job Type: Experienced
Job Posting: Oct 15, 2020, 8:02:39 AM