4 months ago
About the Role
As one of the world’s leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we’re passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that’s all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that’ll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
WSP are working with Hertfordshire County Council as a single, integrated team called the ‘Whole Client Service’. This truly collaborative approach sees WSP and Hertfordshire colleagues working side by side to collectively deliver the full highways service to local communities.
A typical week would include:
* Ensuring that projects/programmes of varying complexity are delivered successfully to time, quality and budget
* Responsible for checking – for self and team - designs, drawings, reports, correspondence, certificates and other outputs are prepared, self-reviewed for quality, and submitted for review and authorisation in a timely manner and in line with the delivery programme
* Ensuring that business/project risks and issues are foreseen, escalated, recorded and managed effectively on all projects for which the Senior Engineer is responsible
* Ensuring that legislation, regulations, policies, strategies and technical guidance relevant to the Hertfordshire County Council delivery are interpreted, followed and communicated across the team. Ensure that all cases for departures are authorised and presented for approval to the relevant authorising person or authority
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* Ability to prepare technical designs in accordance with approved design standards and procedures
* Theoretical knowledge of analysis and interpretation of information/data
* Ability to exercise independent engineering judgement; able to resolve technical issues without unnecessary escalation, able to provide innovative solutions to engineering problems
* Sound technical skills and good industry networks
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us
Our work is serious, and serious fun. We create homes for penguins, help you get from A to B faster and safer, create inspiring places to live and work, and shape the skylines of our cities.
We value our people and our reputation. Having a diverse and robust workforce enables us to look for answers, not problems, and we pride ourselves on offering clients clever, imaginative, future-facing solutions. If you are interested in finding ways to help society thrive, at home and further afield, an exciting career could be waiting for you here.