3 months ago
About the Role
Senior Engineer, Highways - Guildford
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think groundbreaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Engineer to join our Highways Team in Guildford. You will be pivotal in driving the quality and timeliness of the service we provide and will use your knowledge and skills to deliver the right quality to time and budget. You will use those attributes to mentor and support more-junior team members.
A typical week would include:
1. You will act as an emerging leader, directing cost effective solutions to the Council's roads programme. Your work will be varied and reactive to the team’s priorities.
2. Be responsive to Client needs and requests, and manage priorities accordingly
3. Support the Principal Engineer when programming of the team's workload, based on client priorities
4. Rigorously and independently check and approve documents before output is issued
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Experience in a senior role in a highways design team
* Highways design and construction supervision in a local authority environment
* Designed schemes using the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
* Highways design using MX, Civils 3D or similar
* Chartership or Incorporated status
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.